[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: New York Carver Newsletter - Medieval Blogger

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Mon Jul 26 08:14:48 PDT 2004

As I know that some of you enjoyed these newsletters, I thought I would pass on the latest news

Domhnall

THE NEWSLETTER ONLINE
This week, we say goodbye to the New York Carver
Newsletter and welcome the Medieval Blogger, an
easier way to keep instantly up-to-date with
What's New & Cool in the Middle Ages.

As you may have noticed, the Newsletter has lagged
in 2004, bitten by time and work constraints.

Instead of abandoning it altogether, a new format  is
to take its place...

The Medieval Blogger

Before the formal welcome to the blog,
a sincere thank you to New York Carver Newsletter
subscribers (and scribes) for their help, kinds words,
support and interest. I continue to look forward to
your help and suggestions with the current format.

So What's a Blog?

Formally called a Web log (put them together  = BLOG),
it's an easy tool publishes to the Web with a push of
a button. That's why they've become so popular with
Webmasters: Type in your information, add links where
appropriate...and your done.

What Happened to the Newsletter?

The Medieval Blogger replaces the weekly Newsletter.

As numbers of readers climbed to near 1,000 worldwide
over the past year, the Newsletter has become an uphill
climb to produce and post. The hours it took  to e-mail all of
you in separate 300 email packets  - my ISP sets limits -
was probably the most time-consuming bit of it. Add to that
the Newsletter archive that I never seemed to get around to
updating and...you get the idea....

So...welcome to the Medieval Blogger. Check back
every few days for instant updates on news, cool sitings, and
of course, check out what YOU submit, along with your
nominations for Websites of the Damned. Whereas it often
took hours to produced the Newsletter, instant updates can
be posted anytime using the new format. Best of all, it
automatically keeps an archive of past blogs that readers
can access with a click.

Note to Mac users: formatting issues are being addressed.
Hang in there!

As always, the Medieval Blogger continues to be a great way
to keep everybody up to date on what interests us all : virtual
trips to medieval art, architecture and history, and to the
Renaissance, up to and including 21st century museum openings,
faires and festivals.

So...tell your family. Tell your friends! The Medieval Blogger is upon you :)

Finally, don't forget to bookmark the new page or simply drop by
the New York Carver Homepage at newyorkcarver.com
for easy access.

http://www.newyorkcarver.com/blog/

Best regards,