[Loch-Ruadh] Demo Update...

Kathy Varner dkv250 at msn.com
Tue Jun 8 08:34:20 PDT 2004

Girl Scout Demo
Memorial Oak Park
June 10th, 2004
8:30 am – 3:00 pm

Sorry to be posting again, but I've recently been notified that 3 of my
volunteers, responsible for 4 stations have had to cancel.
If anyone can fill in PLEASE contact me. I don't expect that we will be able
to present the classes that were originally intended, but I do have some
activities that can replace them. If anyone has experience with simple
weaving, finger-loop braiding, or draw-string pouch construction a have
instruction sheets and can try to come up with materials. We could also
present classes on weaponry, combat, bardic activities, or any fairly simple
activity that requires no open flame or electricity.

Dance: H.L. Isabeau
9 Man Morris: Mi’Lady Wendy
Illumination: Mi’Lady Grainne
*Origami: Gerita’s daughter Deleted
*Children’s Life and Times (scheduled as 2 stations): Gerita Deleted
Tassels: Ldy. Gabrielle
Court Etiquette/Chivalry: Catrin
Heraldry: Tiarna Dohmnall
Bocce Ball: Ldy. Fiona
*Herbs: H.L. Suzanna (work schedule allowing) Deleted

Stations will run on the hour from 9:00 – 11:00 (3)
Lunch 12:00 – 12:45
Stations 1:00 – 2:00 (2) ending at roughly 2:45
Actual class time is approximately 45-50 minutes

Memorial Oak Park is part of the Pecan Valley Park on Winscott
Road in Benbrook.
West on I-20 to the Winscott exit
South (left) on Winscott to Memorial Oak (there is an old Soap Box Derby
track with an SBD Car on a pole just before the street)
East (left) on Memorial Oak and follow it until it dead-ends into
the park.
Memorial Oak is the street before Dirks Rd.
If you get to the soccer fields, the Benbrook YMCA or Hwy 377,
you've gone too far.

Just in case, the rainy day site is First Baptist Church of Benbrook on
McKinley behind the 377 Braum’s.

If your schedule has changed and you are unable to attend please contact me
ASAP 817) 535-1028 or dkv250 at msn.com.
Please do not plan to bring your own children to this Demo. We have
volunteered to teach the Scouts attending this Day Camp, not provide
activities for our own children.

Catrin ferch Rhys
Kathy