[Loch-Ruadh] Girl Scout Demo 6/10/04

mama mac mama_mac at airmail.net
Tue Jun 8 06:26:01 PDT 2004

Cold drinks, coffee, chocolate and air conditioning will be available at my
house to any one that helps with this demo. I will be home all day. I cannot
handle the heat and everyone knows how well "I" relate to children!! So
please help Catrin out by volunteering.

Dana...
The SHIRE of LOCH RUADH REALLY ROCKS!!!!

Catrin wrote:

Girl Scout Demo
Memorial Oak Park
June 10th, 2004
8:30 am - 3:00 pm

I want to thank everyone who has volunteered to assist with this
presentation. Last year was a lot of fun, and our efforts were greatly
appreciated by the Scouts.
I realize that this year involves a lot more classes and almost triple the
volunteers, but I don't think we'll have any serious problems.
Those who can't stay all day, don't worry, I'm sure the Director can find
activities to fill any short stations.
The class sessions are called stations by the Day Camp staff.
Our stations as the current roster stands are:

Dance: H.L. Isabeau
9 Man Morris: Mi'Lady Wendy
Illumination: Mi'Lady Grainne
Origami: Gerita's daughter
Children's Life and Times (scheduled as 2 stations): Ldy. Gerita
Tassels: Ldy. Gabrielle
Court Etiquette/Chivalry: Ldy. Catrin
Heraldry: Tiarna Dohmnall
Bocce Ball: Ldy. Fiona
Herbs: H.L. Suzanna (work schedule allowing)

Stations will run on the hour from 9:00 - 11:00 (3)
Lunch 12:00 - 12:45
Stations 1:00 - 2:00 (2) ending at roughly 2:45
Actual class time is approximately 45-50 minutes

Memorial Oak Park is part of the Pecan Valley Park on Winscott
Road in Benbrook.
West on I-20 to the Winscott exit
South (left) on Winscott to Memorial Oak (there is an old Soap Box Derby
track with an SBD Car on a pole just before the street)
East (left) on Memorial Oak and follow it until it dead-ends into
the park.
Memorial Oak is the street before Dirks Rd.
If you get to the soccer fields, the Benbrook YMCA or Hwy 377,
you've gone too far.

Just in case, the rainy day site is First Baptist Church of Benbrook on
McKinley behind the 377 Braum's.

If your schedule has changed and you are unable to attend please contact me
ASAP 817) 535-1028 or dkv250 at msn.com.
Please do not plan to bring your own children to this Demo. We have
volunteered to teach the Scouts attending this Day Camp, not provide
activities for our own children.

If you have found at the last minute that you are available to assist, we
can always use more hands.

Catrin ferch Rhys
LR MoAS