[Loch-Ruadh] A&S - questions and help

Irina Radokovaia irina_radokovaia at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:08:52 PDT 2004

Greetings!

I hope this message finds you all dry, if your place is anything like mine,
there's water everywhere!  Which has left me with ample time to devote to my
A&S projects.

(insert big cheesy grin)

Yesterday I was able to complete 95% of my How-To article, the remaining 5%
being my Bibliography, and now I am in need of people to proof read the
article to make sure that people with no knowledge of Russian garb can
follow the steps and that I have provided just enough information.  The file
is rather large because I have included purdy pictures and on personal
preference, I have the font quite large, so if you are willing to force
yourself to read this, email me and I will be more than happy appease your
learning interest.

(insert another cheesy grin)

Now for a question!  I am working on making notebook covers for the binders
I will use to present this article, as well as a brief research paper, and a
Garb Journal for the Orange Dress some of you saw Saturday, and originally I
had thought of embroidering the titles in Russian on it, but that takes way
to much time and talent.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be
the best way to do this?  I have the translations, but email providers don’t
support Russian characters for the most part, so pooy on them.  I had
considered painting it, but I just don't know how that would look.

Monday night I showed some people the small painting/banner I played around
with, and after looking more at the original image, I have about decided to
filk the image period, but I duno what it's saying around it.  It's the
Great Seal of King Stephen, and with some changes to the colors I used, I
thought it would be another interesting thing, and it would be neat if I
could change the words around it to something Ansteoran, just a small
personal project.  I'll go on and include the link, though my email is being
crazy and links aren't showing up as links anymore.

For those of you who did not see it, I had edited the image down to just the
horse and rider, with the rider carrying a banner that had the Ansteoran
Sable Star on the banner, riding a black horse with gold barding.

And for my last inquiry, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that I
could get one of those sewing dummies cheaply.  I'm starting to think about
how to display my stuff at the AAA novice A&S competition, and that stink'en
dress just doesn't look right lying around.

Any aid, suggestions, help, or Code Red that could be donated is welcomed.

Thanks muches,
Irina

The Link!
http://www2.truman.edu/~capter/jins343/017.jpg