[Loch-Ruadh] A&S - questions and help

Elizabeth Hawkwood rbnew5 at netscape.net
Wed Jun 30 12:58:12 PDT 2004

My replies are below (BLUE)... I'm answering to your stuff (RED).
//EH

irina_radokovaia at hotmail.com wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I hope this message finds you all dry, if your place is anything like
> mine, there's water everywhere!  Which has left me with ample time to
> devote to my A&S projects.
>
> (insert big cheesy grin)
>
> Yesterday I was able to complete 95% of my How-To article, the
> remaining 5% being my Bibliography, and now I am in need of people to
> proof read the article to make sure that people with no knowledge of
> Russian garb can follow the steps and that I have provided just enough
> information.  The file is rather large because I have included purdy
> pictures and on personal preference, I have the font quite large, so
> if you are willing to force yourself to read this, email me and I will
> be more than happy appease your learning interest.
>
> (insert another cheesy grin)
>
> Now for a question!  I am working on making notebook covers for the
> binders I will use to present this article, as well as a brief
> research paper, and a Garb Journal for the Orange Dress some of you
> saw Saturday, and originally I had thought of embroidering the titles
> in Russian on it, but that takes way to much time and talent.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions on what might be the best way to do this?
> I have the translations, but email providers don't support Russian
> characters for the most part, so pooy on them.  I had considered
> painting it, but I just don't know how that would look.

Painting would look OK. Have you thought about using Sharpie pens?

> Monday night I showed some people the small painting/banner I played
> around with, and after looking more at the original image, I have
> about decided to filk the image period, but I duno what it's saying
> around it.  It's the Great Seal of King Stephen, and with some changes
> to the colors I used, I thought it would be another interesting thing,
> and it would be neat if I could change the words around it to
> something Ansteoran, just a small personal project.  I'll go on and
> include the link, though my email is being crazy and links aren't
> showing up as links anymore.

OK, this is wierd. When I skimmed over your email, my brain read this as
"Stephen King" and I thought, "why the heck
does HE have a seal? He doesn't play with us!" So much for me as a proof
reader... even though it's one of my jobs
here. :-\

> For those of you who did not see it, I had edited the image down to
> just the horse and rider, with the rider carrying a banner that had
> the Ansteoran Sable Star on the banner, riding a black horse with gold
> barding.
>
> And for my last inquiry, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place
> that I could get one of those sewing dummies cheaply.  I'm starting to
> think about how to display my stuff at the AAA novice A&S competition,
> and that stink'en dress just doesn't look right lying around.

You are more than welcome to borrow Clarissa. I'm sure you've seen her
standing
in my sewing room.

> Any aid, suggestions, help, or Code Red that could be donated is
> welcomed.
>
> Thanks muches,
> Irina

//EH