[Loch-Ruadh] storm check

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 08:44:07 PDT 2004

Just north of Everman and south of Edgecliff Villlage, Logan and the kids heard the tornado sirens, and the kids got in the closet.  A couple of small dead limbs came down, but no damage.

I was off having a mental health evening, and had a surreal experience.  I went to see "The Day After Tomorrow," a movie about extreme climate change.  Upon leaving the Palace downtown, I saw branches and leaves blowing down Calhoun street, and papers and other trash whipping through the air.  On the drive home, I noticed some signs down, including a billboard on the east side of I-35.  As I went down the highway, it was eerie to see huge sections of lights off, including the streetlights along the highway.  I was gone from about 7:45 p.m. until 11 p.m., but when I got home, all the lights were on, and three small kittens dashed away from the front porch as I approached.

Madelina