[Loch-Ruadh] storm check

Connie Nurmi cnurmi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 14:12:43 PDT 2004

Taco Bell was busy last night in White Settlement also.
Ya Taco Bell

Kathy Varner <dkv250 at msn.com> wrote:
WE were at Taco Bell when the storm hit. Lots of rain in a very short time,
electricity flashing off and on, hail pattering the glass store front,
exciting stuff. Tegwared didn't want to leave while the hail was coming
down, so we sat it out a while. Electricity went off for good after about 15
minutes, then the sirens started up. Ever stood huddled in the back store
room of a Taco Bell, lights out, sirens wailing, hail pinging, with 3 folks
who smell of fast food burritos?? Oh Yeah!
Hail finally slacked off sufficiently to head for the truck, and then off
down the road. Traffic and street lights all out, entire neighborhoods in
the pitch dark, quite an eerie feeling. We saw fender benders, vehicles
stalled across lanes, light poles across lanes of traffic, and trees of all
shapes and sizes scattered across the road ways on our way home.
Our neighbor was not hard hit, our trees were weighted down but not broken
in our yard. The electricity had been off, but was on when we arrived, but
kept flickering, so we shut everything down and crept into bed.

Catrin