[Loch-Ruadh] A Sonnet of Dragonsfire Tor

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Mon Jun 21 21:35:21 PDT 2004

As the previous Titled Bard of Dragonsfire Tor, it was my duty and my
privilege to compose a bardic piece in honor of the Tor, and my muse
inspired me with a sonnet.

A Sonnet of the Tor
Padraig Ruad O’Maolagain

The dragon’s flame placed high on craggy hill,
A beacon strong that beckons through the night
With vigor that no raging storm can still
Illuminating Sable Star so bright.
The love that shines within her people bold
For Crown and Kingdom gallantly shows forth
And friendship clad in blue and red and gold
Imparts full measure of her people’s worth.
Staunch warriors and artisans and bards
This bastion true of Ansteorran creed
These talents do our blessed Kingdom ward
Remember’d long shall be their noble deeds.
I sing of thee, o’ Dragonsfire Tor
Where rests part of my heart, forevermore.