[Loch-Ruadh] Voted & Counted

grainne_s at earthlink.net grainne_s at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 3 11:36:45 PST 2004

Minimum wage for politicians.

It's my turn to hop on the soapbox.  My personal views are:

No politician should be allowed to earn more than the median income of the people he represents.
City officials should be paid no more than the median income  of their constituents.
State officials should earn no more then the median income of the people of his/her state.
Federal officials should be able to earn no more than the average income of this country's citizens.

This should apply for their entire term of office and be subject to the same taxes that they approve for the rest of us.  Politicians not willing to Serve the people that elect them need not apply.  Perhaps our national standard of living would improve, or at least level off.  Politics might stop being a career choice and start being a calling -- like being a missionary or a philanthropist.

It will never happen, but I can wish!

Ldy Grainne

grainne_s at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.