[Loch-Ruadh] Three Kings Questions

Dondi Ratliff rioshade at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:27:30 PST 2004

All right, so the even-newer person than The SCAer Formerly Known as
ConstanceT has a question about this event.  Please forgive me, and
preferably keep your lettuce and vegetable throwing at a minimum until Three
Kings. ;)  (Because I may get salad dressing and use the vegetables
appreciatively, no?)

First of all, I'm heading in with Dolceamori and her hubby on Friday,
because they were courteous enough to help me out that way. ;)  So I'd like
to send them my gratitude for that.  My first event experience where we camp
would have been Gulf Wars, otherwise (and I do mean to go... yarr, I
should've posted on that thread!  I shall remedy that later today!).

Second of all, I'm getting as much as I can today: plastic ware for in-camp
eating, low-prep foods, a cot/air mattress, some makeshift feast gear for
outside of the camp (until I can get some proper ones, at least...)
consisting of a bowl, spoon, and meat.. um... fork thingy.  Yeah.  Anyway,
I'm also grabbing a flashlight, a jug of water, bog roll, a basket (with
cover), paper towels, a small thing of trash bags, small baggies for various
and sundry uses, a kettle, a large bowl, film, and AA batteries.

Is that pretty good for the weekend, given I *think* I'm going to be on
loaner gear for the tent, and may be sharing Dolceamori's ice chest.  If she
lets me near anything of hers, after the bobbin fiasco. ;)

And, I have to ask this much: what happens at these events?  How are things
done?  Is it a group type of thing, or individually go-where-you-want?  I'm
excited, but don't want to step on any toes.

And, yes, just so there's no thrill of horror, I do plan on bringing a
little sumpin-sumpin for my tankard that's a little more powerful than tea
and water.  Ooh!  Bailey's and hot chocolate....!!  *dances*

I hope it won't matter that I've yet to get a name chosen?

Dondi