[Loch-Ruadh] Three Kings Questions

Kathy Varner dkv250 at msn.com
Wed Nov 10 15:40:13 PST 2004

Dondi wrote: And, I have to ask this much: what happens at these events?
How are things done?  Is it a group type of thing, or individually
go-where-you-want?  I'm excited, but don't want to step on any toes.

There are many activites at events: Chivalric and Rapier combat, Archery and
or Knife, Axe, and Spear competitions, Equestrian competitions, A&S (Arts
and Sciences) displays and or competitions, all of these generally host
Youth activities as well; Court (morning and evening on Sat. usually),
Feast, Bardic circles, Shopping merchant's row, and just hanging out talking
to folks who interest you. many people gather in groups that fluctuate in
number and focus throughout the weekend. Loch Ruadh encampments generally
gather in the morning for Coffee and breakfast while folks decide what they
want to observe or participate in and who else plans to do the same thing.
Most people will have no problem with someone joining their group as they
wander the site. Lunch is pretty much come and go depending on what you
happen to be involved in, there is generally always someone in or near our
encampment. Dinner is generally a group effort, wether folks are partaking
of the event's Feast, or the group is preparing it's own feast. Everone
pitches in for prep and clean-up so no one works overly hard if the group is
preparing a meal in camp. Feast, if held by the event is held in a central
location, usually with tables provided; sometimes chairs as well. Everyone
who has purchased Feast goes to the feast area at the appointed time with
their feast gear and table settings, then feast is served in courses.

That covers a lot of what happens at events, but each gathering is
different, having it's own flavor and focus. Some events are attended by
100-250 people and others are attended by 800-1000. Just depends on what and
where.

Hope this helps.

Catrin