[Loch-Ruadh] Three Kings???

Padraig Ruad O Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Nov 9 11:25:59 PST 2004

Constance,

The following list probably duplicates a lot of the list Kat gave you.
Some items won't apply, and I don't even pretend that it's anywhere
near complete.  Some notes that apply to some of the items:

Food:  Bring things that don't need a lot of preparation.  With the
weather predicted to turn cooler, things that can be fixed with boiling
water are good:  coffee, tea, hot chocolate, instant soups, cup o'
noodle-type things, instant oatmeal.

Chairs:  Always at a premium, so it's important to bring them.

Clothes:  Again, with the weather turning cooler, it's important to
have adequate clothing on hand.  Try to plan on dressing in layers, so
that you can take off or put on a layer as the termperature dictates.
Note: Put a set of mundane clothing per person in ziplock bags or keep
in your vehicle so no matter what the weather turns out to be, you’ll
have dry clothes to drive home in.

Plates/Flatware:  In camp, we tend to use disposable plates and
flatware, to help keep cleanup requirements down.

Air Mattress/Cot:  Not only more comfortable than the ground, but helps
to keep you warmer when the weather turns cold.

Tarps:  One under the tent will help to keep the bottom of your tent
clean (an important factor when you are breaking camp on Sunday
morning), and another that can be put over the top of the tent if the
weather turns damp - helps to keep the leaks to a minimum.

Hope this helps.

Padraig

Padraig's Camping List

Tent / Poles / Stakes
Ground Tarps
Bungee Cords
Hammer
Chairs
Table
Blankets or Bedding / Air Mattress or Cot
Pillows
Lanterns/Flashlights
Stove

Food
Drinks
Ice
Ice Chest
Water Jug

Clothes
Shirts/Blouses/T-Tunics
Pants/Skirts
Sweat Pants
Underwear
Mundane Set Of Clothes
Shoes
Belt And Pouch/Purse
Accessory/Jewelry Bag
Slippers Or Sandals
Cloak (A warm blanket makes a good makeshift cloak)
Hat/Hood/Scarf
Raincoat / Poncho

First Aid Kit
Suntan Lotion
Bug Spray
Toilet Paper

Feast Basket
Plates
Silverware
Tankards/Mugs
Bowls
Salt And Pepper
Paper Towels
Napkins
Trash Bags (10 Gal Or 30 Gal)
Moist Towelettes
Matches
Table Cloth
Cooler Cover

Toilet Kit
Toothbrush And Toothpaste
Deodorant
Aspirin
Hand Lotion
Razor
Small Mirror
Soap
Shampoo
Towel
Any Medications

Cooking Gear
Coffee Pot
Large Bowl For Washing
Large Spoon/Fork/Knife
Paper Plates

> Three Kings will be our first camping trip so I am open to the wisdom
of our
> group. Not that I won't be at other times, but I am actually looking
for it
> now!  Since we are starting from scratch, what the heck do we need?
I received