[Loch-Ruadh] device

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Wed Sep 8 09:33:48 PDT 2004

David,
I am so ashamed. Have anyone understand a Herald's comments on a device is evil and I will attempt to make it more obscure next time.

And now to the issue that you bring up in your post:

>uniqueness of the dragon the most appealing part of the device).
>I'm sure that they will allow at least some degree of creativity

Uniqueness and creativity are things that are considered. The College generally considers them "Not Period Style". I am afraid that is not my opinion, as I have helped with and argued about many devices throughout the years that I have played. I really cannot remember any that were passed without major redesign. You are welcome to submit anything that you can dream up, but I am afraid that you will find that you have just wasted several months and will have to find the period style design anyway.

I know there are great links for period books of designs, I think through St. Gabriel's site. Or the main SCA site, or Ansteorra, I cannot remember. I will check when my connection is not so tired. Or me.

I realize that my advice is not the judgement of the College, I am just relating my experience with said College.

Good luck, (and I still like the design) Go Red!!

Crandall