[Loch-Ruadh] devices

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Fri Sep 10 10:07:54 PDT 2004

> Okay, check me on this, Dohmnall.
>
> Kylan:  Gules, between three crosses argent a lion's head argent

I think the lion's head should be described either as erased or couped, but
I couldn't find any conflict under any of the three blazons, not that means
anything, after all I'm still learning how to conflict check devices.

> Gianetta:  Azure, on a chevron argent a Maltese cross azure, in base a
> unicorn rampant azure

Same here, no conflicts found right now. I'll try to do some better digging
this weekend on both of them.

> Not sure if the Maltese cross on the chevron will work - I seem to
> remember a rule against a charge-on-charge situation.  Everything else
> seems kosher.  I haven't had a chance to conflict-check them - can you
> do that, Dohmnall?

The only rule I've found so far calls for charges on a charge to be blazoned
after the charge on which they lie. But I remember seeing something about
certain charges. I'll try to find that as well

Domhnall

---