[Loch-Ruadh] Lughnasad News and Thanks

Kathy Varner dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 08:04:43 PDT 2005

Greetings to All,

We missed those of you who were unable to attend, you missed a wonderful event.
We were graced with the presence of many notables to our Ansteorran history and were pleased to have them among us. Their Graces Patrick Michael and Julia, Ulstead, and Jonathan and Willow are those known to me. If others attended which I did not encounter, I mean no offense, but only did not see them. There were many Knights of the Realm present, and Lord and Lady Elfsea honored us by presiding over our court in TRMs name.

Dreamers from Loch Ruadh, Elfsea, Steppes, and Rosenfeld abounded, many new faces were seen from other groups such as Middleford.
To our New Comers, Welcome, we hope that you enjoyed your time among us and that you will return to spend time with us.

Special Thanks go out to Falconrose for their tireless efforts in assisting us with various set-up and tear down activities, and for covering a significant portion of the security of our guests.

Our Thanks also go to Lord Grimvere, a past Titled Bard of Loch Ruadh, for gracing us with the presence of his unique and wonderful Bard Town. This creation is an amazing enhancement of atmosphere of any event and provides a much deserved stage setting to the bards of the realm. We are honored that he chooses to join us at our event.

Lughnasad ran smoothly and seamlessly due to the efforts of Lady Aingeal and Lady Katheryn as Autocrats. They were well supported by a variety of Coordinators and Officers, and volunteers from all corners. I'm sure the Autocrats will publish specific thanks to one and all as they have time to do so.

So, on to the awards of which I am aware. Any omissions are due to my personal lack of knowledge, and have no bearing on the abilities of the persons overlooked. I will leave the postings of winners and champions to our Autocrats or the Herald.
AoA: Lord Gruffydd Vawr ap Rhodri
AoA: Lady Vivian McKinnon
Sable Comet: Lord Tegwared McAuley
King's Archer (please pardon any error in this designation): Lord Kerrick (sp?) from Elfsea
Ember: Lady Bice de Pietro
Ember: Lady Gwenllian Hertewelle
Ember: Baroness Dana Mac an Ghabhann

VIVAT! one and all.

Thanks also go to Lord and Lady Elfsea for presiding over our court. Their grace, honor, and humor are greatly esteemed, and we are greatly indebted to them for giving of their time and love to us. We are all honored to receive our awards at their hands. Vivat Baron, Vivat Baroness.

Lughnasad was a great success and fun was had by all.

Thank You

Catrin
Seneschal, Loch Ruadh
Loch Ruadh Rocks!