[Loch-Ruadh] On the subject of getting the ballista ready for war

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Jan 12 12:06:24 PST 2005

Although I did indeed propose this some time ago, I have serious doubts
that we can now complete everything that needs to be done before War in
March.  While we could probably get the ballista itself repaired, the
purchase of materials and assembly into approved bolts is quite
time-consuming, and we have the further problem of getting people
authorized to crew the engine once it is ready.

I hate to be a wet blanket, especially since I made the proposal that we
try to take the ballista to War this year, but I think that maybe we need
to start planning and working now to take it next year.

However, if enough people think we can do all this before War and have the
ballista ready to go, I'm still willing to work on it.

Nunc est bibendum.
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.