[Loch-Ruadh] OT: Chantel's back surgery

Gabrielle de Luxton gabydlux at swbell.net
Fri Apr 21 06:39:01 PDT 2006

Greetings Terrance,

  Sorry to hear that Chantel will be having back surgery. I had a triple fusion with cages in my lower back in 2001 and I have done extremely well since then. I have been able to return to most of my activities, such as horseback riding, bicycling, archery. I was off work for eight months which was almost as painful (on my pocketbook) as the surgery.  I had a great orthopedic surgeon and without the surgery I don't think I would be walking today. The only part that still gives me a fit now and then is where they removed bone off my hip for the graft.

  Now all I have to do is get my neck fixed and a new brain and I should be good as new.  If Chantel would like to talk to me about the ins and outs, please don't hesitate to call.

Terry Sikes <tdsikes at prodigy.net> wrote:
    Have no ideas on what date this will happen, but Chantel just called and said the neurologist is scheduling her for surgery to fuse some vertebra in her back.  Anyone out there had this done?  What can we expect?

  Terrence