[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: [Elfsea] Elfsea A&S Night - Aug. 15- Update

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 9 15:20:12 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deana Covel" <dmcovel79 at yahoo.com>
To: <Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org>; "SCA Ft Worth" <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:32 PM
Subject: [Elfsea] Elfsea A&S Night - Aug. 15- Update

Hello All,

Here is a quick update about the upcoming Card Weaving
class.

First it will be a full class.  About 7 ladies have
already RSVP, and I expect a few more, so please be on
time. To allow as much weaving time as possible, I
will start the class at 7:30 sharp.

Second, you will walk away with a sample band of
several different techniques. So rather than just
practicing one pattern all night, you will be doing
four to eight.

Third, it is possible to card weave without a loom.
 For a portable option, bring a 2x4, or a length of
wood that is comfortable, and 2 large C-Clamps.  The
cards are about 4 inches square, so you will want tall
C-clamps.  But you can also tie your weavings to a
fixed point.
Some people really like the "Back strap" method of
weaving.  However I have never tried it, and cannot
show you how to do it.
For those who will not have a loom, I will be
bringing my warping board, so you will be able to warp
as quickly as those with looms.

Also, I will have two looms available for people to
work with during the class, warping and weaving.  But
I will have one loom warped up so someone can practice
just weaving. Observers are also welcomed.

In Service,
 L. Hanna von Dahl
 Elfsea MoA&S

PS.  The class will be taught agin at Glaslyn's
Defender of the Flame on Sept. 16!