[Loch-Ruadh] Everyone ok this morning?

Patrick Bixler pbwidget68 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 13:01:16 PST 2006

Keep us updated if the fires get close.

That was one thing that I didn't understand about my
apartment community.  When we had the fire spring up
next door, why they just didn't turn on the
sprinklers.

The grass in my community is only but an inch high and
dead.  Fire swept through half of the complex, but
wasn't enough to cause any damage to any of the
buildings or vehicles.  The grass was like one giant
fuse with nothing to ignite at the end.

Turning on the sprinklers would have stopped the
spreading of the fires easily.

My apartment building still looks great, but is now on
a landscape of charred grass.  That and it smells like
burnt grass now.  :(

On a good note, I am sure that when they reseed the
yard, its going to come up greener than ever.

Eirikr