[Loch-Ruadh] Everyone ok this morning?

erinn holloway mom3badboys at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 13:13:31 PST 2006

On a lighter note. Grassfires are a natural part of
refurbishing the landscape. We used to have controlled
burns in AZ to help balance things back out.
Historically the Native Indians did the same thing.
 Maybe even though it sucks for us humans, the fires
and drought  are nature's way of trying to fix the
ecosystem here. I'm sure the pollution and
over-costruction of the area has been detrimental to
the environment.
I hope that you all are safe and that these fires will
stop soon.
Erinn

--- Patrick Bixler <pbwidget68 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Keep us updated if the fires get close.
>
> That was one thing that I didn't understand about my
> apartment community.  When we had the fire spring up
> next door, why they just didn't turn on the
> sprinklers.
>
> The grass in my community is only but an inch high
> and
> dead.  Fire swept through half of the complex, but
> wasn't enough to cause any damage to any of the
> buildings or vehicles.  The grass was like one giant
> fuse with nothing to ignite at the end.
>
> Turning on the sprinklers would have stopped the
> spreading of the fires easily.
>
> My apartment building still looks great, but is now
> on
> a landscape of charred grass.  That and it smells
> like
> burnt grass now.  :(
>
> On a good note, I am sure that when they reseed the
> yard, its going to come up greener than ever.
>
> Eirikr
>
> --- Dana <sca004 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > The smell of burning grass and the haze of smoke
> is
> > heavy in the air ...cough, cough!!
> > No fires near my house...yet. The yard was watered
> > again this morning.
> >
> > Dana
> >   Terrence wrote:
> >
> >   Hope everyone is ok this morning.  Saw Benbrook
> on
> > the news and also Mineral Wells.
> >
> >   Terrence>

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
-- H. Jackson Brown