[Loch-Ruadh] Everyone ok this morning?

Julie Self julie_self at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:06:51 PST 2006

As long as we get no rain and there are idiots out there welding in a grassy
yard and burning trash and tossing lit cigarettes out of moving cars from
the highway, we will continue to have UNCONTROLLABLE fires.  I have been in
the middle of a fast-moving grass fire, beating the ground with wet towels
and raking to move dry leaves out of the path of the fire.  It is
horrifying.  To my mind it isn't the same thing at all as the controlled
burning that is beneficial!  I find it difficult to believe that the smoke
in the air is not a pollutant and that, when it does rain,we won't have
flooding because of the lack of vegetation needed to control the runoff.
Just my two cents worth.

Gwen
Loch Ruadh Rocks!!