[Loch-Ruadh] Chronicler's Office Open for Bids

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Jul 6 10:30:55 PDT 2006

As Lady Katheryn has stepped down from the Chronicler's Office for the
Shire of Loch Ruadh due to personal reasons, the Seneschal opened the
Office for applications last night at Populace Meeting, and it will close
at Officer's Meeting in August on the 16th.

I have agreed to serve as the Acting Chronicler until the Central Regional
Chronicler can select a new Chronicler from those who submit applications.

Primary duties of Loch Ruadh's Chronicler:
     - Publish and distribute the newsletter, The Scarlet Letter,
bi-monthly, with extra issues as the Chronicler deems appropriate.
(10-12 hours per issue)
     - Maintain the Shire website, www.lochruadh.org, including keeping
the online calendar updated.  (3-5 hours per month, unless major
changes or updates are required)
     - Act as the list administrator for the Shire email list,
loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org, maintained on the Kingdom webserver. (2-3
hours per month)
     - Send out email reminders about meetings, practices, gatherings,
etcetera, concerning or of interest to the Shire.  (2-3 hours per
month)

Some of these duties may be relegated to a deputy, such as the website
maintenance, if you feel that you do not have the requisite skills or time
to perform all of the duties yourself.

The Application for Office form can be found at
http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Application.pdf.  IF you need help in
filling the form out, please contact me and I will be glad to assist.

As with all official Offices in the SCA, you must be a paid member to hold
the Office of Chronicler.  (Deputies do not have to be paid members.)

The application should be sent to the Central Regional Chronicler, Lady
Carletta da Nicolosi (address information is in the current Blackstar),
along with a copy of your membership card and a photo ID (black out
information such as driver's license number).  Please provide copies of
the Application to the Seneschal, Lady Catrin, and to me as Acting
Chronicler.

In Service,
Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
Acting Chronicler