[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Expectations

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 7 08:58:29 PST 2007

This was posted by Dana prior to last year's War and I thought it was a good idea to refresh the memories of those attending agin this year, and as a reference for any who might be attending for the first time, or planning to attend in the future.

  Catrin

    Gulf War seems to be on a lot of peoples minds these days. So the following is a brief overview of what it is like to camp with Loch Ruadh.

  The Shire of Loch Ruadh usually camps together on a spot of land that we can call ours at Gulf War.

  Camping with the Shire has it's PRIVILEGES and RESPONSIBILITIES.

  Privileges:
  We get to camp in the same spot every year.
  Evening meals are a combined effort.
  You get to share the use of the Shire pavilion and kitchen.
  We have the use of a water spigot on our land.
  Our Camp coordinator (Kaz, this year, filling in for Brighid on -site) works with the lay of the land and we are assigned tent spaces to best utilize the space.

  Responsibilities:
  Attend all Gulf War prep meetings or send a representative that can make decisions for you. Everything about the War will be decided at these meetings.
  You will be expected to:
  Help transport Shire property to and from War, pavilions, sheet walls, stakes, tables, hoses, etc.
  Donate some general use items for the camp, citronella oil, tiki torches, paper towels, fuel for the stoves, cook pots, etc.
  Donate you and your children's fair share of at least one evening meal.
  Help with the setting up and tearing down of camp, pavilion, kitchen, sheet walls, tiki torches, etc.
  Help prepare, cook and cleanup the kitchen for at least one evening meal.
  Help with the day to day running of the camp, fill torches, get water, make and clean up coffee pots, clean and make drink coolers available for the day, empty trash, clean up kitchen after coffee, etc.
  Be responsible for taking care of your camping area.
  Take care of your children, feed, clothe, bathe, under, I believe, age 12 they must be within your sight at all times.

  This list is by no means complete, I have just listed some of the things that must be taken care of for a happy, fun and enjoyable camp for all. I have been to many Gulf Wars and believe me it is much better to have this stuff worked out BEFORE going to War!! It is a much more enjoyable event if everyone does their fair share and is well aware of what is expected of them.

  Many years have gone into this fine tuning and every year more improvements are made to this plan. I will miss not going to Gulf War XV, you all have fun and enjoy.

  Dana

Catrin
Seneschal, Loch Ruadh
Loch Ruadh Rocks!