[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Missive - Day Four

Dyan Johnson johnson_dyan at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 08:59:45 PDT 2007

Indeed, Padraig is an unsung Hero of Ansteorra. That lady twas I, who knows where to go in search of a Bard or 2...even if she gets showered with a volcanic explosion of home brew!
  Your performance at the Green Dragon was well enjoyed by many.
  You are a treasure & Loch Ruadh is fortunate to call you their own.
  Thank you for the memories!
  Mistress Dyan du Lac Calendre
  Rosenfeld ~ Loch Ruadh

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:
    On Monday evening, our dear friend and Titled Bard Grimulf came into camp
with a group of wanderers that also included Wiley. Grimulf stayed for
some time, sharing a drink and singing some songs. Some time later, a
lady came into camp looking for bards to perform for HRM Romanius and also
HRM Trimaris just down the road at the Rosenfeld encampment. My good
friends gathered up my chair, guitar, mug and some beer, and we walked
(well, I hobbled) down the road to Rosenfeld. The beer was my homebrew
that I made specifically for War; I opened a bottle for Alric, then one
for Rolf, then one for myself. The first two opened with no trouble – the
last popped like a bottle of champagne and became a beer volcano. Note to
self – chill the homebred better before opening.

As I stated in my earlier brief missive, I struck the first blow for
Ansteorra against the Trimarians by hitting Duke Bitor with both my
crutches. That he brought it on himself by knocking them away from the
pavilion pole I had them leaning against matters not – he called the blows
“good”. There were many excellent performances, including TRMs Ansteorra
and Trimaris, and Duke Bitor and Duke Patrick Michael (I’ll tell an
expanded tale about both these fine Dukes when we return from War) as
well. I had the opportunity to perform a duet with an excellent Trimarian
bard named Corwin, who is blind – we made quite the joke about the blind
bard and the gimp bard performing together.
  ...etc...