[Loch-Ruadh] Lughnasad Awards

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Sun Aug 10 18:57:06 PDT 2008

Once again, Lughnasad was a great event - we even got a bit of a break on
the weather this year.  Guess I put in the order early enough.

Vivat to Terrence for all the hard work he did as Autocrat, and to
everyone else who worked themselves half to death to make sure everything
went off without a hitch.

Now for the information I know everyone is waiting for:

I am very pleased and proud to announce the new Titled Bard of Loch Ruadh:

Our own Lady Brighid Ellen Nic Seward!

The judges all agreed that it was hard to believe that this was Brighid's
first time to compete in a bardic competition.  She did an amazing job,
and just blew the judges away with her voice, the choice of songs, and the
emotions that she evoked with her singing.  A total of nine outstanding
bards entered the competition, and I would have been proud to have any of
them as our titled bard, so Brighid faced some very tough challengers.

We had a fine Court, with a good number of awards to present this year,
which is alway a good thing.  They were -

Chantel von Sirre - AoA
Floria Blackdragon - AoA
Thomas the Grey - AoA
Vivian McKinnon - Sable Comet
Gruffydd Mawr ap Rodri - Sable Comet
Terrence adte Syke - Sable Thistle for Metal Casting

and last but not least, Loch Ruadh's service award -

Conor na Mara - The Ember of Loch Ruadh.

My special thanks to Baron Armand and Baroness Ameline for representing
Their Stellar Majesties in our Court; as always, it was a pleasure to work
with them as their Court Herald, and I believe we presented an enjoyable,
if somewhat long, evening Court.

I know that the weather, health and other concerns prevented several of
our folk from attending Lughnasad this year.  You were all greatly missed,
and I hope that you will be able to be with us next year so that we may
celebrate our wonderful Shire together.

I'll attempt to put out another email later about other things that
happened at the event, and I'm sure that other folk have tales to tell as
well.

In Service,
Nunc est bibendum.