[Loch-Ruadh] Scarlet Letter Deadline

Julie Self julie_self at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:44:45 PST 2008

There are some of us out here who have some, if not all, of the knowledge and skills of which you speak.  Maybe we should start meeting to discuss things of this nature.

Gwenllian HertewelleLoch Ruadh Rocks!
Beam me sideways, Scottie. These people don't know which way is up!> From: Brephoenix at aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:20:37 -0500> To: loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Loch-Ruadh] Scarlet Letter Deadline> > What if Tomorrow Progress Stopped?> > What if when you woke tomorrow it was to a world in which there was no more > electricity, no phones, no computer, no air conditioner or heaters? Would > you know how, or where, to safely start a fire to cook or heat your living > space? Would you know how to cut wood to fuel it?> > In doing some research recently I became concerned with this. Until the > matches ran out we'd be okay but the stores would have to all shut down so we > couldn't buy more. > > The pumps wouldn't work so we couldn't buy gasoline; or kerosene for that > matter. Those of us who have chain saws wouldn't be able to use them for long. > > These questions ony keep leading to more questions for me. The end of > electricity and all things that work from it could easily cause hundreds or > thousands of deaths. > > Is there some check list somewhere for the skills that need to be quickly > relearned before the "end of the world" in 2012? If there is, how many of us > are physically able to do these skills? > > Not an article so much as a thought provoking, I hope, set of questions. > Maybe someone in SCA could teach a preparedness class? Does anyone even have a > list of who has which skills? A booklet of experts or teachers or healers > and herbalist could really be handy.> > Brenda Roberts aka Brenda Campbell> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and > favorite sites in one place. Try it now. > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)> _______________________________________________> Loch-Ruadh mailing list> Loch-Ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/loch-ruadh-ansteorra.org