[Loch-Ruadh] Gate sign with Steppes woodworking post

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Sun May 11 20:35:07 PDT 2008

Here is a cross post from the Steppes list that might
be of use for the gate sign, or might just be of
interest to woodworkers or others interested.

Terrence

"Just a reminder that on Sunday May 18 (not Mother's
Day weekend but the weekend AFTER that) at 2 pm, my
husband
Duncan de Bard (aka Robert of Flower Mound) will be
holding an
informal woodworking session in our garage.  He will
be working with
the lathe but has other woodworking equipment
available.  Bring
your own wood and project ideas.  Email me privately
if you will be
 able
to attend and I can forward it on to him so you can
discuss with him
what equipment he has etc. (I know there's a table
saw, biscuit joiner,
miter saw, router, and other stuff but no jigsaw or
scroll saw).  We
live in Flower Mound and we are about 15 mintues from
I-35W and about
20 minues from I-35E.  We are about 10 minutes from
Grapevine Mills
Mall.  2713 Pasadena Place, Flower Mound, 75022.
Phone is 972-899-2501
(no calls after 10 pm please).  Bring:  your own wood
or stuff for a
 project;
safety glasses if possible.  This is not a formal
Guild, just an
 informal
group meeting to work on wood related projects.
Children can come and
play with my kids inside or in the back yard but
should stay out of
the woodshop.   We will meet a month on the 3rd Sunday
of the month,
 although
we may move to a different Sunday afternoon if there
are too many
 conflicts.

Duncan will also be teaching a wood turning class at
King's College on
June 14th.  I believe he will be helping people make
spindles, which
use some of the beginning wood turning shapes.  It
takes a while but
it makes a lot of nice clean sawdust. I would describe
him as at an
 intermediate
level (not a beginner but not advanced), so if you are
an advanced
woodworker I'm sure he would appreciate your input as
well.

Christianna"