[Loch-Ruadh] I'm off!

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Dec 11 06:24:48 PST 2009

Lutefisk:  Our Scandinavian cousins developed a way of preserving fish by soaking it in lye.  To use it later, it is soaked in several changes of clean water, then cooked and served with butter.  It has, shall we say, a distinctive aroma.  Some people claim to like it (I'm talking about you, Gwenllian), though most folk (those with taste buds and a sense of smell) believe it should be outlawed under the terms of the Geneva Convention.  Oddly enough, it is a traditional Christmas Eve dish in parts of Scandinavia.

It's no wonder the Vikings are so ferocious.

Padraig