[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: Sad Tidings

Matt Spencer schmiten81 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 21:53:07 PDT 2010

         I don't think I've ever been this sad. Bear was one of the best men I've ever known. He lived with me and my dad for 4 years when I was still at home. I knew him better at home than in the SCA. I remember thinking ALL the time how such a big, intimidating looking guy could be so good and soft hearted. He gave me advice when I was sad and made me laugh the rest of the time. As far as the SCA goes, he's the only person who ever got me in armor. He's also the only person I've fought against. He said he was going easy on me... could've fooled me :) I loved him very much. My only regret is that I didn't call, or even email him to say hi in the last year or so. I know he knew that we were friends. I just don't know if he knew how much of a friend he had been.
         Sara, we're so sorry for this. I know words can't make any of this better. We will pray for you and your families everyday. You don't know how happy I was to hear that he found you. I remember nights that we would stay up for hours talking about how we were lonely at the time. I'd say, I've been alone for over a year, and he'd say he'd been alone for so many years. He said that he was ok with it, but you could tell by his face he was just saying it to make me feel better. Then you came along and filled such a void in his heart with ease. If you ever need anything at all, I speak for all in my family when I say, we're here for you always.

The part that hurts...
is not that your gone.
It's the part in our hearts...
from which you live on.
I know, in time, the pain will get better.
Because it's that part...
The rememberance of you...
that keeps us going forever.

Erik

Its with great saddness that I never had the chance to meet Bear.  I have heard so many stories about him from Sean and Erik that I always felt I knew him!  So many stories that made me laugh, I wish I could have been so lucky to meet him.  I have been with Erik a long time now and I have never seen him quite this way.  He and his whole family, truely loved Bear and I know he will be sorely missed in their hearts, as well as so many others. My prayers go out to Bears Family, his Wife and to Tim, Frances, Robyn and Matt!
Amelia

We love and miss you Bear...
Matt & Misty