[Loch-Ruadh] King's College the Aftermath

Ketchakat ketchakat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:22:49 PDT 2011

To the Populace, my SCAdian family,

First, I would like to extend another congrats to HL Alric. Thank you for
all you do. It is a well deserved and well earned honor.
Second, To Vivian, I say thank you for giving me the opportunity to come out
to a local event and volunteer for the group. I have NEVER worked gate
before and was looking forward to learning the ins and outs of it.
Third, My sincere thanks to HL Alric for directions to help me, who seldom
gets lost, get unlosted.  It seems though I gave myself an hour to get to
somewhere 15 mins from my house, I missed all the signs, completely passed
it a dozen times until I was frustrated and upset that I was letting my
friends and SCAdian family down by not showing up to work my shift at gate.
Now, bright brains here, left the house without a cell phone. Why you ask?
Because the blasted thing is turned off. So I had no way to contact anyone
and beg for salvation, laughter, sarcasm. Any of those would have worked.  I
also apparently had not a single cent in my wallet to use a pay phone to
call anyone.  I finally managed to get through to my mother on her cell
phone via a collect call and then darned if i didn't accidently hang the
phone up midway through the call.  By this point i was hot, upset,
HUNGRY(skipped breakfast and had used the time i WAS going to eat driving
around in circles) and standing in the 7-11 parking lot in garb with people
giving me wierd looks. That's ok though, we're used to that, right? Right.
I get in the car, drive around the area again hoping to catch a glimpse of
someone i knew or someone in garb to give me an idea where I was supposed to
be. No such luck. Went back to 7-11 to figure out what i was going to do
next. I had just decided to just go home and make my apologies later to
Vivian for not showing up when my brave and dashing young brother pulls into
the station and came to my rescue. Thank you Constance and Vigulf for
leading me to where I needed to be some 45 mins late but there.
Fourth, Thank you to Fiona for taking my spot at gate when i didn't show
up.  I sincerely appreciate you picking up the slack when I was not where I
needed to be when I needed to be there.  Thank you also for giving me a
crash lesson in how to troll people into an event. You are a kind and
gracious lady.
Fifth. Thank you Cat for cajoling me into a better mood when I really didn't
want to be.
Sixth, and finally, thank you Terrance for sharing your Pepsi.

I think that covers everyone. We have some pretty awesome people in this
group. I'm honored to know you.

Thank you,

Bronwen Anwyl