[Loch-Ruadh] Last Minute Fall Brawl Needs

Kazimierz Złowieszczy kazoflr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:07:29 PDT 2011

I have a copy of the Burn Ban Ordinance. It says

"All outdoor burning of any combustible material is prohibited. A person
violates this order if he burns any combustible material or orders such
burning by others. This Order does not prohibit cooking stoves fueled by
"white gasoline" or outdoor cooking grills fueled by propane or natural
gas...."

it continues to define "Outdoor Burning" as

"All outdoor fires, including fires contained in a container or
semi-enclosure, such as a barrel or hopper. (It does not include grills,
barbeques, or smokers which are used to cook food and attended.)...."

By reading through the ordinance, I would say that our traditional tiki
torches and elevated bardic fires would violate the burn ban.

The ordinance can be found at:
http://www.hillsborotx.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Burn-Ban-June2011.pdf

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Terry Sikes <tdsikes at prodigy.net> wrote:

> You might check to see if the burn ban specifies open flames or closed.  If
> the ban is only for open burns we can have contained fires, like in a BBQ or
> fire bowl.
>
> Terrence
>
> --
Pan Kazimierz Złowieszczy