No subject

Sat Apr 5 05:05:11 PDT 2014

"There is no proof that Phineas Taylor Barnum ever said 'there's a sucker
born every minute.'  He did, however, say that 'every crowd has a silver
lining,' and acknowledged that 'the public is wiser than many imagine.'"

Wasn't it Abe Lincoln who said "you can fool some of the people all of the
time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of
the people all of the time"?

I doubt a lot of what I read in emails and usenet.  Most of it, in fact, if
it purports to be fact.  And I've had a lot of fun reading that urban legend
debunking website.

Thanks for the clarification, Padraig.  I didn't know you noticed :)

Madelina

-----Original Message-----
From: Padraig O'Maolagain [mailto:padraig_ruad at irishbard.com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 10:09 AM
To: loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: [Loch-ruadh] The Finger

I didn't think that you believed it, as I know you have a better knowledge
of history than to fall for this one.  However, I've seen this in several
forms on several lists over the past few years, and thought it could stand a
good debunking.

And remember, people are inclined to believe the most outrageous things
(Scientology, global warming, political promises...)  I don't recall who it
was that said "You can't go wrong overestimating how gullible people are."
:)

Padraig
Nunc est bibendum