[Loch-Ruadh] Kirkin' of the Tartans Sun. Feb 2

Kathy Baxley k_baxley at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 7 17:39:03 PST 2014

I have started attending first Presbyterian Church in downtown Fort Worth.  This is one of their events that really impressed me and thought some of you might be interested.  During the regular service, there will be a processional of several bagpipers playing,probably at  least 6, and members of the church carrying and or wearing the traditional tartans of all the Scottish clans, celebrating the Scottish heritage of the Presbyterian church.  The people wearing the plaid will range from preschoolers to very mature adults. I had a Norwegian grandfather and a Scotch Irish grandmother on one side of the family  so this was a very moving presentation for me.