[Loch-soilleir] *waves*

Steelquist, John F John.F.Steelquist at boeing.com
Fri Apr 2 07:35:34 PST 2004

Well Met!

Archery and Equestrian practices meet the first Sunday of each month at Rohan farms (Lord Dalon & Lady Kathryn's home) just South of Alvin.  Their work schedules have not been very forgiving of late, so I'm not surprised at the lack of email response.  Their home phone is 281-756-9621.  I'd recommend a call before heading that way this Sunday.

As for Youth Combat, it is held in conjunction with the combined Loch Soilleir / Stargate fighter practice, Tuesday nights on the UH main campus.  However, because there aren't large numbers of youth (and the ages vary so much), those interested usually talk amongst themselves to determine who's going to be there and when...  The youth rapier is active more often than not...

Here's some links to Kingdom information:
http://www.ansteorra.org/groups/southern_region/ffynnon-gath/youthcombat/faqs.htm (Boffer FAQs)
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/law/boffer.htm (Boffer Rules)
http://www.ansteorra.org/groups/southern_region/ffynnon-gath/youthcombat/welcome.htm (Youth Combat Site)
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/marshal/rapier/ayr/yr_rules.htm (Youth Rapier Rules)

And I don't know if you saw it on the Kingdom calendar, but there's a Youth Academy on April 24th in Tir Medoin (Rockdale, TX). (http://www.ansteorra.org/groups/southern_region/tir-medoin/ya2.html)

So, more information than you were actually asking for?  Yes, I know I ignored the one about Calligraphy - apparently, I *don't* know everything... :)  I believe your heraldry questions were answered in other posts.

Yah, we are a friendly lot (and verbose),
Ulsted the Unsteady
mka John Steelquist