[Loch-soilleir] Thank you!

Juliana-SCA@houston.rr.com Juliana-SCA at houston.rr.com
Fri Apr 2 18:17:31 PST 2004

>You're welcome! We really like to talk about our interests, so you're just feeding >us...
>
>How old's your son? Is he interested in boffer, rapier, or don't know? We can get >you contact info for those with similar aged children.

*smiles at the first statement*

My son is 8... he would love boffer, but I bet he would give rapier a go if that is all there was at the time.  :)  Any contact info would be great, thank you!

>Some folks get stuck with a name (or just use their mundane one). Some carefully >research the exact persona they're most interested in and choose an appropriate >name. Some really like a particular time period, or country, or battle, or piece of >literature, or... Some pick something that matches their clothes, or their armour, >or... However, we *will* call you something. Here's your chance to influence what (somewhat) and to start on the never-ending (if you're doing it right) study of >history which theoretically is our common interest (although there are some pretty >cool parties, too).

I love history, parties with like minds are great, and I researched the name I chose -- Juliana de Northewoode -- very carefully for accuracy in the place and time period I wanted, England in the late 1300's.  :-)  I thought registering a name was more common than not, but I'd just as soon not worry about it. Not right now, at least.

>Have we (I) squelched your inquisitiveness, yet? If not, you're going to fit right >in :).
>
>Ulsted the Wordy

*laughs*

Oh my... you'll laugh at that question too, once you know me better.  :-)  My ex-husband used to ask me, "Why do you ask so many questions?!"  ;-)

Thank you for not saying that.  :-)

~Juliana~