[Loch-soilleir] And here come the questions... :-)

Steelquist, John F John.F.Steelquist at boeing.com
Fri Apr 23 12:13:14 PDT 2004

Although it's listed as '8 camping sites', the camping area is quite large, and there's no reason to be packed in.  I'd say we could comfortably camp 3-400 in that space, and I'd bet there won't be more than 50 (not so many folks camp, anymore, especially in May, and only 30 minutes from Houston...).

Most folks try to stay in some kind of garb except when they are setting up / breaking down (that's when we all wear our Gulf Wars T-shirts - when else do you get to wear 'em?), but that might just involve a simple T tunic over shorts, regardless of gender.  No, the SCA police won't come get you (although you might get an offer of a loaner T tunic - in fact, I'll offer now :) ).

Uhhh, errr, how long did you say you've been in Texas / Houston?  I'll try to break this to you gently - 68 is freakin' beautiful!  Although we all seem to have a selective memory, it really *will* get to 95 degrees, with 70+% humidity, and not very long from now...  I guess each summer must cook our brains, so we forget how &$^*%$& hot it was *last* year...

Not to fear, though.  In mid-summer, it's amazing how many Elizabethans suddenly become Greek, or Roman, or just wanton <big grin> (peplos, toga, or chemise, anyone?)

Ulsted,
who should be working, but it's Friday afternoon, and I work for the government <grin - your tax dollars at work>