[Loch-soilleir] And here come the questions... :-)

Juliana-SCA@houston.rr.com Juliana-SCA at houston.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 12:54:34 PDT 2004

>Although it's listed as '8 camping sites', the camping area is quite large, and there's no reason >to be packed in. I'd say we could comfortably camp 3-400 in that space, and I'd bet there >won't be more than 50 (not so many folks camp, anymore, especially in May, and only 30 >minutes from Houston...).

Oh, it must be a much bigger area than I imagine! Okay, I'm scratching that off my worry list. Thanks.  :-)

>Uhhh, errr, how long did you say you've been in Texas / Houston? I'll try to break this to you >gently - 68 is freakin' beautiful! Although we all seem to have a selective memory, it really >*will* get to 95 degrees, with 70+% humidity, and not very long from now... I guess each >summer must cook our brains, so we forget how &$^*%$& hot it was *last* year...

Oh, I was born and raised here... I'm just the type who keeps their A/C set on "stun" 10 months out of the year, and would be happiest sitting in a walk-in freezer. I need to move to Alaska, I think.  LOL

>Juliana, Please don't stress about garb. If you are at your camp you can wear what you want. >Please wear garb as long as you are "participating" at the event, ie: watching the fighting, eating >feast, court, etc. If you need garb, I have some at my house I can bring to the event and you >are more than welcome to have some. We also have a hospitaller who is in charge of providing >garb for newcomers, whether making it or loaning it. Just let us know. Baroness Katya

Thank you, to everyone who has offered to help... I sure wish I had met this group a long time ago instead of the others I met.  :-)   I am looking forward to learning how to actually sew somewhere down the road, so that I can make my own stuff later on. I don't guess that will help me now, though.  :-/   If anyone has anything extra that Ty and I can borrow as "casual garb," I would greatly appreciate it and would be happy to offer our service in whatever capacity is needed for the event.

And this will sound like a silly question, but is there any item that other kids, especially boys, tend to wear that I might be able to make or get for my son, so that he doesn't feel left out? Like a short cloak, or whatever... Although he's much better at naturally fitting in to situations than I am, I'd still like him to feel like he's part of things.

He did get to take a field trip to the very neat West Bay Common School museum in League City yesterday, where he got to spend the morning as a student at the turn of the century. He came home with a bag of old-fashioned marbles and a wooden peg top, which if I'm not mistaken are toys that date back even to medieval times and earlier... so I told him he can bring those to Loch Guardian to play with other kids, and leave the Gameboy and Yu-Gi-Oh cards at home. Or at least in the tent.  :-)
Thanks again, so much, for the offers of help and for putting my mind at ease... you guys are great.  :-)

~Juliana~