[Loch-soilleir] And here come the questions... :-)

Patti Snyder mahearra at tgn.net
Fri Apr 23 19:29:07 PDT 2004

Greetings,
As a parent who was introduced to SCA with a seven-year-old in tow, your
questions are very familiar.  No, you don't need any special shoes for Ty,
although the moccasins do work just fine.  If you really want to, NOT
necessary, a pair of wrangler type boots work extremely well.  There are no
'garb police"...the rules are pretty relaxed.  During the actual event, we
are in a reasonable attempt at garb.  During set-up on Friday, and take down
on Sunday, you will see everything from full garb to shorts and t-shirts.

The camp sites are around the edge of a large cleared area.  The individual
pads are raised platforms of sand that measure about 10' x 10'.  There are
eight of them, separated by trees and bushes...very private...and about 20
feet.  Or you can set up in the cleared area...or anywhere you are most
comfortable.  Shade is definitely a consideration, as it is usually rather
warm during the afternoon...read that as HOT...but we are far enough inland
to cool off at night.  You will probably need at least one blanket by
morning.  Probably the biggest problem with this particular camping spot is
that the showers are a LONG hike away...long, but rather interesting.
However, if you have a solar shower bag (or can borrow one), I will be
bringing my 'shower tent"...it is good for a quick wash up...especially in
the afternoon.  Just look for a green and white striped tent...or catch me
in the kitchen with Mehb.  Do you have what you need for camping??  I have
extra tents, etc.  Let me know if you need anything.

Oh, one more thing...breakfast and lunch on Saturday are usually a bring
your own...finger foods work really well.