[Loch-soilleir] Oh, what a small world...

Juliana Juliana-SCA at houston.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 21:50:04 PDT 2004

Well, it seems that Loch Guardian is going to test a lot more of me than
just my maybe being able to stay outside for more than 5 minutes in the
heat... I followed the link to info about Lake Houston State Park, curious
because I had never heard of it. I was reading the descriptions of the
facilities, while my brain slowly wrapped itself around why the directions
seemed so familiar. Then I saw the picture of the group lodge where the
kitchen is, and almost fell out of my chair.

It's Peach Creek. Peach Creek Ranch, Girl Scout equestrian camp, and pretty
much what I lived for from the time I was 9 until I was in my 20's. Every
summer there as a girl, then every summer there as a counselor and riding
instructor, and every winter weekend as a nature consultant. I can't even
put into words how much this place meant to me... so much, that when they
held a goodbye party there when it closed, I couldn't bring myself to go. I
have never been able to say goodbye. Just seeing the picture of that
familiar lodge again made me want to scream at the injustice of it all --
there should still be little girls sitting on the logs right there, singing
songs as they wait for lunch to be ready.

Ugh... I know this all sounds so silly, and I have no idea why I am sharing
this with you... I'm just so shocked. In my head, it remained perfectly
preserved. And to think I was worrying about shoes a couple days ago...

~Juliana~