[Loch-soilleir] the official correct spelling

R Husted rhusted at mastnet.net
Wed Jun 16 16:14:51 PDT 2004

here we go again.

officially and finally here is the most current information about the
spelling of our barony's name. in the dec 2003 loar errata all
misspelled occurrences of Loch Soilleir were corrected.  The correct and
registered name is Loch Soilleir.

medb

http:// www.sca.org/heraldry/loar/2003/12/03-12err.html

    February 1987

      ANSTEORRA

Loch Soilleir, Shire of. Device. Per fess wavy argent and vert, a
sea-serpent in annulo, head in chief, counterchanged, in base a laurel
wreath argent.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Shire of, the branch's name was
    registered as Loch Soilleir in August 1980.

    November 1988

      ANSTEORRA

Loch Soilleir, Shire of. Badge for Bard of Loch Soilleir. Vert, an Irish
harp argent, stringed Or, within a serpent in annulo, head to chief and
vorant of its own tail, argent.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, SHire of, and as Bard of Loch
    Solleir, the branch's name was registered as Loch Soilleir in August
    1980, and the bard's title must be changed to correspond to it.

    April 1992

      ANSTEORRA

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Name for The Order of the Serpent's Toils of
Loch Soilleir.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of, and Serpent's Toils
    of Loch Solleir, the branch's name was registered as Loch Soilleir
    in August 1980, and the order name must be corrected to correspond
    to it.

    (Oddly enough, the adjacent item in the LoAR spelled it correctly
    twice.)

January 2003

      ANSTEORRA

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for the Waterbearers Guild of Loch
Soilleir. Argent, a goutte azure within a sea-serpent in annulo head to
chief and vorant of its own tail vert.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of, the branch's name was
    registered as Loch Soilleir in August 1980.

    (Oddly enough, it was correct in the guild name.)

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for the Baronial Archery Champion. Vert,
two arrows inverted in saltire within a sea-serpent in annulo head to
chief and vorant of its own tail argent.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of, the branch's name was
    registered as Loch Soilleir in August 1980.

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for the Baronial Equestrian Champion.
Vert, a horseshoe within a sea-serpent in annulo head to chief and
vorant of its own tail argent.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of, the branch's name was
    registered as Loch Soilleir in August 1980.

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for the Baronial Chivalric/Rapier
Champion. Vert, two swords in saltire within a sea-serpent in annulo
head to chief and vorant of its own tail argent.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of, the branch's name was
    registered as Loch Soilleir in August 1980.

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for Order of the Serpent's Toils of Loch
Soilleir. (Fieldless) A sea-serpent in annulo head to chief and vorant
of its own tail vert.

    Listed on the LoAR as Loch Solleir, Barony of and Serpent's Toils of
    Loch Solleir, the branch's name was registered as Loch Soilleir in
    August 1980, and the order name was registered in April 1992 and
    corrected above in this errata letter.

Loch Soilleir, Barony of. Badge for the Baronial Arts and Sciences
Champion. Vert, a needle and a brush in saltire within a sea-serpent in