[Loch-soilleir] Loch Yule, Sat. Dec. 4

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Wed Nov 24 23:20:51 PST 2004

Arrr, Mateys! Bring your cleanest clothes and your best manners to Loch Yule Revel. Many fine vessels are planning to drop anchor for the day's fun, and the Harbor Mistress will tolerate no shenanigans! Anyone caught breaking any o' the rules will soon find themselves swabbing the deck or scrubbing the pots in the scullery. If that don't settle ye down then there's always the scuppers to clean!

For the well behaved seamen and privateers we'll have a bit o' fun throughout the day. Bring your crew members to cheer you on in any of the following:

Fightin' - Mad Dog told me that shields are for land lubbers and they will not be allowed on his field! If you want to use a shield you had best bring a belaying pin and use that first on Madog's head.

More fightin' - That handsome devil Allessandro didn't share any o' the details, but he's sure to come up with something entertaining. And if he don't then the ladies will!

Flingin' - This is sort of like fightin', but you don't got to wear no armor. O' course, you probably don't have any armor anyway since it would just make you sink to the bottom of the sea! The idea is, you fling a spear at a pig. If you do the best, then you get to go sweet talk the cook into including your kill in the night's feast. I recommend that you take the spear with you when you approach that woman...

Speakin' o' 'that woman'... Lady Lisabetta is the head cook from the Dancing Fox, and rumor has it she'll be preparing a Russian feast for all to share for our dinner. Her cooking is mighty fine, as you'll notice if you look at the fine figures many of us from the Fox have who eat her grub regular. So try not to annoy her!

Now, where were we? Oh, yes...

Flailing wildly - On the golf course. Don't worry about your dignity; we'll all take turns watching and laughing at you equally.

This ain't so much a game as fair warning; they'll be looking all of ye over and handin' out prizes to the best dressed. Someone will even be inspecting your table to see that it is properly prepared for a Yule feast. There'll be a fine prize for both the best lookin' Yule table, AND the best looking pirate's table, if you know what I mean.

And ye may be wondering why this particular harbor was chosen over all the others in Ansteorra for our day... Of course ye are! It's because they have a Dessert Competition! Bring your finest sweets for all to sample, and make sure ye bring something ye like! Cause if it's bad we ain't eatin' it and you'll have to take the swill home and finish it by yourself.

Is there anything else you need to know? Ahhh, yes. For those of you with wee ones that fine Lady Bryalcy will be giving 'em something to do during the morning hours. Send 'em on over to her for a while. That tall Lady Willow said something about dieing, or dyin', or maybe making people wish they were dead... Anyway, it's supposed to happen about the same time as all the fightin'. Seems appropriate. Oh, and that young lass, Lady Jennette, will be providin' warm mulled cider for ya.

Finally, for those of ye with some sewing skills we'd like to see ya flying your colors during the day. That means your arms! Well, not really your arms. You know what we mean! But o' course to be takin' home any booty from the chest that banner will be just a little different than it normally is... Just a wee bit more... piratey, so to speak. Or tropical. Figure it out. Or don't, if it's making ye think too hard already just from having read about it!

There's one last bit o' information I'll be telling ya afore I pass this on to some squint-eyed scribe to write down: Bring a sock. A clean one! We'll be hangin' 'em by the weapons rack with care, and you never know what might get dropped in it while ye ain't looking. People with big feet will obviously have an advantage on this.

If you have any questions about what's going on then I recommend you go back up to the top o' the page and read it again. Read it slower this time! If that don't help, then you can always send your questions to Neassa, the Quartermaster of the Dancing Fox. If she likes you, (and you remember to include a little coin with your request) then she'll get back to ya right away. If she don't know the answer she'll make one up just for you on the spot! If she don't like ya, then I reckon you'll just have to get your answers from somewhere else.

Neassa
Quartermaster, The Dancing Fox
(713) 782-5855
neassa at swbell.net

Merilee Fong <melessant at yahoo.com> wrote:
The site in Clear Lake Park opens at 10am.  Baroness Neassa promises fun activities all day, to be followed by a delicious Russian feast, planned by Lady Lisabetta. Site and feast are only $5.00 total. [No non-member surcharge (NMS)]. For more information, see the Loch's website: loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org/yule/index.htm.