Fw: [Loch-soilleir] Populous Meetings

phillip phillipmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 17 01:01:07 PDT 2004

>  I have brought rapier gear to the last two practices and had no one to
> play with- are there no rapier fighters in the Loch any more?
>
>Bors

i've been wondering about that, too.

i rejoined the sca a few months ago after being out of it for about a
decade (i feel so *old*).
i mainly came back for the fencing.  but unfortunately, the tuesday night
practice is just not fitting in well with my work schedule. i haven't been
able to make it on a tuesday night for about two months. (i'm still trying
to juggle things around to force it to fit.)

i came to the first monthly sunday loch practice at randolf park, but there
were no other rapier fighters, as i had been warned to expect.  i'll be
glad to show up for the next sunday practice if there's someone to play with.

does anyone know if there are perhaps some stargate fighters out there who
would go for a combined loch/stargate sunday practice?  i think that if we
have people out there doing rapier combat (in a public place, in the
daytime) we might actually draw some new people in and build up the loch
rapier community again.

philippe du pays des poires