[Loch-soilleir] comments on the new Domesday/OP

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:08:53 PST 2005

Greetings unto the populace of Loch Soilleir,

   There are a few things about the Domesday and OP I want to address in
this little note.  Several people had questions for me about the following
topics.  I'll begin with the Domesday:

   1. Giovanna and Pace's new address has but a single 1 in the house
   number not two of them so it should read 1811 *NOT* 11811.
   2. Lord Brian's modern name is spelled correctly in the OP but not the
   Domesday (I blame the over active spell check on my computer for this one.)
   So it is correctly spelled: Brandyn *NOT* Brandon.
   3. Katrina of Coventry's mailing address is now *different*.  She has
   not shared her new address with my at this time so if you would like to have
   it ask her about it when next you meet.

Now, about the OP; I have been told by a few people that their entry is
incorrect or incomplete.  I have also been asked if (fill in person's name
here) *really* doesn't have (fill in award here).  This is the situation:

   If you have moved to Ansteorra from another kingdom and you have awards
from said kingdom it is up to YOU to let the College of Heralds know about
your awards from your previous kingdom.  These records do not automatically
follow you around.  (It would be nice if that happened but hey you know…).  On
this same note, many people's OP entries are not updated yet.  There are a
few reasons for this.  The main reason is that like all offices, the kingdom
level officers are volunteers and have limited time to commit to this hobby.
If you've received an award within the last 4 to 5 months then it may be
that they haven't had the chance to update your awards yet.  Another reason
may be that they never received notice of the award having been given and
have no clue you need to update your OP.  If it has been at least 6 to 8
months or more since you received said award(s) then you need to personally
let the College of Heralds know about this.  For either situation follow the
link below and then follow the instructions given to have your OP updated,
added to or corrected:

http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/OP/

   After all this is said, *please* email me and let me know what your OP
should contain.  I am still working on updating and creating  an OP for the
Loch and the one printed in the Domesday is as accurate as I could possibly
get *up to this point*.  You may wonder why this is so important to some of
us.  Well, perhaps someone has noticed your work and service and kind and
giving nature and would like to nominate you for an award.  This gets a bit
difficult when we cannot find what you've already received and what you
haven't received because then no one knows what award to nominate you
for…so, let's get to work on getting everyone's OP updated!

As always I remain:

--
In Service to "The Dream",
Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg

"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society." --
Theodore Roosevelt