[Loch-soilleir] Fwd: Large SCA Demo in Houston

Merilee Fong melessant at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 18:42:18 PDT 2005

Last weekend for Lord of the Rings exhibit demo at Houston Museum of Natural Science on Aug. 27-28, 2005.

Kathryn Norris <knorris at merchantsmetals.com> wrote:Subject: Large SCA Demo in Houston
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:19:51 -0500

Greetings, gentles.  Please send this out to the groups in your region, especially to the Seneschals and Hospitalers.

We have supported two weekends for this demo and would great appreciate your participation for the last weekend, August 27-28.   We need fighters (both heavy and light), artisans, dancers, bards, etc.  In other words, everyone!

The Museum of Natural Science in Houston, TX has requested the presence of the SCA to host a demo at their museum.  Our demo will be coinciding with their exhibit for the Lord of the Rings movie.  We will be separate from their exhibit and the musuem would like us to show the historical references that Tolkien used as a starting point for his fantasy novels.  We have an indoor hall and the front grounds area of the museum.  They have even requested a trebuchet demostration on the front wall of the museum!  They are very excited about having us and hope you will be too.

As this is an SCA demo, we are hoping to get a lot of interested people who would like to find out more about the SCA.  Since this should be a large demo and attract people throughout the area, we would like to encourage your group to do a few things:

   First and foremost, let your group know about this demo.  We want to encourage all SCA groups in the area to come out and show off your stuff.  Please contact the coordinator if you have an interest in a certain area.
   Second, please send us flyers with your group’s contact and meeting information.  When we find someone in your area who is interested in the SCA, we will be able to give them your information, as well as try to sign them up so you can contact them directly.
   Send me  your  email address, one  which can accept large files.  At the end of each weekend, I will scan the contact information for those who have signed up and send it to you.  Rather than try to break it down by location, I will be sending you an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file so that you can see who is asking for more information.  You can contact me at kati at houston.rr.com.

Our website for more information is: http://stargatelotrdemo.tripod.com/
Many thanks,
HL Caitlin bean Ghearailt

Seneschal of the Stargate