[Loch-soilleir] Tourney by the Loch

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 07:19:21 PDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Bill Butler wrote:

> Unto the Populace of Loch Soilleir, I send My greetings!
>
> I come before you with a heavy heart this day.
>
> It has come to my attention that the Barony of the Steppes has
> announced an event, althought off calendar, that directly competes
> with Tourney by the Loch. ...
>
> So My kind and gentle Populace, do you still wish to hold Tourney
> by the Loch with this new issue.
>
> William Wescot of Welewen
> Baron
> Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra

If the opinion of an old friend of the Barony matters...

...we[1] seldom get many visitors north of Ravensfort or west of...
well... Westgate, really, unless we are holding a Crown event or
Baronial championship -- and, frankly, not many even then. Maybe a
few from Shadowlands, maybe a few from Seawinds. More, usually from
Bordermarch. But for the most part, when you look around at one of our
[1] events, whose faces do you see? Answer: our own. (About the only
exception is when there's a Peerage circle at one of our events, and
then we usually only draw the Peers of that circle. If you look
around at the rest of the event, you might not even notice the
difference.)

I think it's a shame that folks will have to choose between what
sounds like a really fun event in the Loch, what sounds like a really
fun event in Steppes, and the event where the Crown will be (Brad
Leah)... but I don't think that's reason enough to cancel our own fun
event. That's just the "good news, bad news" of living in a large
kingdom.

For what it's worth, I think you should just decide to have a
wonderful time. And maybe promote the event on the Ansteorra list, so
it doesn't look like the Steppes Fall Court is the only event coming
up on that weekend. ;-)

"If you host it, they will come."

In friendship,
Michael Silverhands

[1] any of the local groups: Stargate, Westgate, Gates Edge, Loch
Soilleir