[Loch-soilleir] Mailing list responsiveness

Fergus Stout FergusStout at Houston.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 15:11:58 PDT 2006

Greetings everyone,

Many of us have been seeing issues with the mailing lists lately.  Most
especially with long delays in seeing our messages sent out to the lists.
There is a variety of reasons for this.  I know I have previously urged you
all to not use any lists.ansteorra.org mailing addresses.  I am reversing
this immediately.  From now on PLEASE use loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org
for the mailing list.  Things have been set up properly on the backend now
to handle the mail flow much easier.  The ISPs which appear to cause the
most trouble so far with our mailing list system are SBC, Yahoo and GMail.
We have seen at least one of our members with a Hotmail account have
problems too.  Here are some things you can do with your ISP if you seem to
be having problems:

1) Make sure that lists.ansteorra.org is in your white list for a domain.

2) Make sure your ISP does not have it listed in their version of spamcop as
a spammer.

3) Make sure that dreamhost.com is not listed in their version of spamcop
either.

Yes, your ISP will understand what that stuff means. :-)  If you have any
questions please feel free to email me.

Fergus Stout

Virtual Scribe

Barony of Loch Soilleir