[Loch-soilleir] FW: BBQ and Lyst wrap up

Fergus Stout FergusStout at Houston.rr.com
Wed Jun 28 14:19:23 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

This is a note from Sir Alexis.  I don't have my password cleared for list
authorization yet (it has to be done fairly high up the food chain
apparently) but until then I will try to forward messages I see that get
filtered.  In this case it was filtered because it was sent to
loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org (which makes perfect sense) instead of
loch-soilleir at ansteorra.org.  I would remind everyone to please use the
loch-soilleir at ansteorra.org address.

Thanks,

Fergus

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Wise [mailto:drwise at houston.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:55 PM
To: Aetheling at yahoogroups.com; Ansteorra-Equestrian at yahoogroups.com; Coastal
Region of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.; loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org;
Lysts-at-Castleton at yahoogroups.com
Subject: BBQ and Lyst wrap up

Hi all,
It looks like we've settled on a date for a little get together.  While
the event is still fresh, the plan is to go over what worked and what
could be improved for the next pas d'armes.  So, what better way then to
fire up the BBQ and celebrate the holiday weekend to boot.  We'll even
try and be productive to start the whole thing off with a mini armor
workshop.  The doors will open at 4:00 for some armoring with the BBQ
firing up around 6:00.  We'll follow the usual plan, which is to say we
don't need no stinking plan!  I'll have burgers and dogs going, everyone
else bring something to share.  After pretending to get some work done,
we'll crack out the margarita's or beverage of choice.

Where:  My house, directions below.
When :  This saturday, July 1st starting around 4:00
Why:  Been awhile since the blender was put to use.
Info:  If you need additional info, shoot me an email or give me a call.
Note:  You're welcome to bring the kiddos, but remember you'll need to
watch them.  I thump on mine when they get out of line, I'll thump on
you if  yours get out of line :-P

See folks on saturday.

Alexis

 From Beltway 8:
Take Beltway 8 east to Hwy 35, make a right to go south on Hwy 35 past
FM 518 (Broadway), continue south another 3.2 miles to Dixie Farm Road
(Texaco on the left corner).  Make a left onto Dixie Farm Rd. and go
about a mile to Hastings-Friendswood (right only).  It will go about 1/3
mile and make a forced left hand turn.  You will go about 1/2 mile and
the house will be on the left.

If you prefer to come down I-45, take the Dixie Farm Road exit [also
marked as F.M. 1959] and go west (right).  It will go about 6 miles
until you cross FM 518 (Broadway) (there is a Home Depot and Wal-mart at
the intersection).  Go about a mile and make a left turn on Westfield.
Then, go two blocks to the stop sign and make a right.  This will put
you onto C.R. 391, but it isn't marked.  You will go about 1/4 mile and
the house will be on the right.

The house is a gray brick two story with a brick mailbox out front and a
circular driveway.  The street address is 2231 C.R. 391.  The number at
the house is 281-482-3294.  The driveway also goes around the back,
which is where people usually park (the pasture is behind the house).