[Loch-soilleir] Loch Fiber Arts & UFO Meetings

Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Thu Jun 29 20:57:53 PDT 2006

Welcome back, all artisans and scholars!

Fiber Arts Guild and UFO (Un-Finished Objects) is meeting again, every Monday at Wyllow's house, starting at 7pm.

For those who have forgotten:
1st Monday of the Month - Youth plan a child-focused activity.  (Adults are still welcome to come - just brace yourself for a lot of youthful exuberance in the house.  It's a good night to browse the shelves to research your next project.)  See note at bottom for details.

2nd Monday of the Month - Socialization Thistle night.  Bring a self-contained project (i.e. not requiring everyone to pitch in to finish).  Enjoy the peace and practice your socialization skills.  I often put a dye pot on my hearth - feel free to bring a small skein or kerchief to dip.

3rd, 4th, and 5th Mondays of the Month - free-for-all.  Bring a project, something for which you need help, or something you are trying to learn.  Or come to help others with their projects.  I have a large room for fabric cutting, a mess-proof kitchen, and a big-mess-proof porch.

Special Instructions for Youth Night:
Since most of the children are off at camps, etc, we are holding a special class for youth AND adults: Making Youth Boffer Weapons.  I will help with basic swords, gorgets, and hoods/tunics.  Gunther has volunteered to help with fancy axes & stuff.

Bring as much of the following as you can get together:
- Silver, Red Duct Tape
- Strapping Tape (It has the threads running down it.)
- 1/2" Schedule 40 PVC pipe for single-hand weapons.  (Older Youth may want to use 3/4" to prevent breakage.)
- 3/4" or 1" Schedule 40 PVC pipe for two-handed weapons.
- PVC Caps & Crosses for the above PVC pipes
- A Dowel Rod that fits down the PVC pipe (12-24" is plenty)
- PVC Glue & Purple Primer
- A Pool Foam Noodle OR grey Pipe Insulation for swords and thrusting tips.
- Smurf Foam (Blue Foam Pad) for shaped weapons (axes, etc) and armor padding (Rumors say Walmart is selling it in their camping section)
- Leather for gorgets - lightweight for younger warriors (very flexible, yet stiffer than cloth), medium-weight for older (stiff enough to make a book cover)
- Tools - a small saw, scissors, pencils, rulers.

I'll have some spare to share.
In Service to the Barony,
H.L. Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh
PH: 281-316-0764
Address: 207 Sweetgum, League City, 77573
(3 blocks West of FM518 & Bay Area Blvd - call/email for more direction.)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.