[Loch-soilleir] We're Back!

Kathy Cofrin kcofrin at flash.net
Thu Aug 16 15:52:33 PDT 2007

Neassa and I made it back in one piece too.  We had a
flat tire in the middle of a construction zone about
10 miles north of Marshall (I know because I had to
find out where we were to get the AAA man directions
to find us)and we had to spend 2 hours in Walmart
waiting for the tire to be replaced (but we put it to
good use shopping for school clothes) and some jerk at
Walmart thought it would be cute to turn up both the
front and back heaters to full blast.  We found the
front one because it is a digital readout on the front
dash but the back heater is just a knob with red or
blue dots and we didn't find it till we were just
inside Houston so we had HOT air blowing on our heads
and couldn't figure out why except we thought maybe
the outside temp was so hot the a/c couldn't cope.  I
called that Walmart and let the Assistant Manager know
that there was a possibility someone in the automotive
dept. had damaged $6000 worth of instruments.  She was
not happy.  Hopefully someone received Hell about
their prank.

I don't think I'll be driving back to Pennsic anytime
within the next few years either.  I had some good
classes, the encampment where we stayed was nice and
we had a bit of a breeze in the evenings but it was a
hike from there to the merchant/ eating area.