[Loch-soilleir] Book of hours exhibition in Orange, Texas

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 11:53:29 PST 2007

Yay! I'm so excited about this!

I was able to get some time off work, so I'm going to
attend the lecture. Is anyone else interested in
going? We could meet at my place at about 1:00 on
December 18 and carpool. Hopefully, that would give us
enough time to make the drive and peruse the museum
and gift shop briefly before the lecture. It looks
like the museum closes at 5:00 and the lecture starts
at 6:00, so we'll have plenty of time in between to
herd the cats from the museum to the lecture location.

If you are interested at all in calligraphy and
illumination, this is a fabulous opportunity! There's
nothing like seeing these beautiful works of art in
person. The lecture is equally exciting - Roger S.
Wieck is is curator of medieval and Renaissance
manuscripts at the Pierpont Morgan Library, which owns
the finest collection of Books of Hours in the United
States, so this is a tremendous opportunity to learn
from an expert. He is also the author of several of
books on illuminated manuscripts.

The link the exhibition is below:
http://www.starkmuseum.org/exhibitions.html

Let me know ASAP if you want to carpool, so I can plan
appropriately.

Thanks,
Sara